Protecting Your Golden Years
With more than 30 years of experience
Get Guidance To Select The Right Health Care Agent
- Is legally qualified in the state of Georgia to serve as your agent (see qualifications below)
- Is not afraid to speak up on your behalf
- Would be willing to act on your wishes, even if they conflict with his or her own feelings
- Either lives close by, or would be willing to travel to be with you if needed
- Knows you well enough to recognize what’s most important for you
- Can handle the responsibility intellectually, physically and, if necessary, financially
- Is willing to talk with you now about sensitive issues, and will listen to your wishes
- Is healthy enough to be available to serve long into the future
- Would be firm enough to stand up to a situation where conflicting opinions between family members and medical providers might arise
- Won’t back down in the event of an unresponsive doctor or health institution
Who Can’t Be Your Health Care Agent?
- Your doctor
- Your health care provider
- An owner, operator or employee of a health care provider where you are receiving care
What Do You Do After You Have Selected Your Health Care Agent?
Speak to them and get their permission to be named as your agent.
- Go over your health care desires and your fears.
- Give him or her a copy of your power of attorney documents.
- Tell family members and close friends who you picked.
Free Consultations About Health Care Agents
Contact Hodges Law Firm, LLC in Cumming for a free consultation. You can discuss how to choose your health care agent and ask more questions to our team. Call 678-608-1746, toll-free at 888-586-2621 or send us an email to schedule.