Helping You Plan Your Asset Structure
- Do you want to protect assets that might otherwise be taken by the government to pay for nursing home or long-term care needs?
- Are you worried about protecting assets because your marriage is headed for divorce? Or because you’re preparing to get married again?
- Is the goal simply to minimize taxes or protect assets from creditors or potential liabilities?
Whatever your aim, a skilled asset protection attorney can identify the tools and strategies that will help you secure the financial future you want for yourself and your loved ones. At Hodges Law Firm, LLC, in Cumming, Georgia, we have more than 30 years of experience using asset protection tools and strategies to help clients throughout the Atlanta area achieve goals like these, and we are prepared to help you do the same. Contact our firm to schedule a free consultation with an experienced estates lawyer today.
Asset Protection Solutions Tailored To Your Needs
It’s important to start planning as soon as possible. State and federal laws place time limits on when financial transactions can take place before you qualify for Medicaid or enter a nursing home, without being subject to review. We can help you navigate this legal terrain to ensure that all of the necessary legal details are handled competently and within the proper time frames.
Specific options that can help us effectively accomplish this include:
- Protecting assets through Medicare and Medicaid planning
- Making personal care contract payments to family members
- Establishing trusts (self-settled spendthrift trusts, charitable remainder trusts, etc.)
- Using limited liability companies (LLCs) and family limited partnerships to shield assets from claims by creditors or ex-spouses
- Creating a sound business succession plan
- Purchasing annuities
- Opening offshore accounts
- Taking advantage of homestead exemptions
- Drafting prenuptial agreements and postnuptial agreements
Serving Clients All Along The 400 Corridor North Of The Perimeter
Whatever asset protection services you are seeking, we’ll work closely with you to gain an understanding of your situation and prepare a legal strategy that suits your unique goals. To start this process, contact us online or call our offices at 678-608-1746 and schedule a free consultation today.
All Major Credit Cards Accepted